Ben’s bed is getting a little crowded. In his bed there is:
– 3 Kaloo Bunnies. He has had these since he was a baby. However it was never the intention he has all three at once. The plan was for him to have one and the others were back ups if we couldn’t find one of the Bunnies.
– 1 floppy dog called Patch. My cousin Leanne sent this to him when he was born. His cousin Tom also had one just the same and whatever Tom does Ben does too!
– 1 Baby. I am sure a hard plastic baby must get in the way!!
– 1 cat called Marmalade. This was my grandmothers.
– 1 Humpty. I am not even sure when Humpty made his way into the bed.
– 1 Easter Bunny named Max. His Aunty Tam and Uncle Phil gave this to him on the weekend ….. and of course it made its way into the bed.
– 1 Beautiful boy…. Ben.
Every night there is a roll call to see everyone is in bed. Some nights I go to tuck him in and he has his arms stretched out hugging all of his friends. It is one of those parent moments that pulls on those heart strings….. sweet dreams xoxo
Linking up with – Life made lovely Monday xo
I snapped this photo today when Ben had a little nap on the couch (which is unheard of!). But it reminded me of this baby photo I took when he was about a month old. WOW ……. he seems to have grown in the blink of an eye!!! He still makes my heart melt xoxo
Ben has made the transition out of his cot and into a bed. We decided on a toddler bed for Ben (we got caught up on how cute they are …….. a single bed would have been fine). We thought we would get Ben involved in taking his cot down and putting up his bed which of course he loved. I am sure Andrew could have completed the task in half the time if Ben hadn’t kept stealing the tools.
Being a little bit of a worrier (ha ha hhhhhaaa), I was concerned about how Ben would go. You hear the horror stories of children jumping out of bed for hours! Well Ben loved it. He couldn’t go to sleep on it fast enough. For at least a week anyone who came to the house got pulled into the room by Ben to see the bed. He loved it!!!
I was so impressed with how easy it was for Ben to make the transition. I was so impressed that we had no jumping out of bed…….. well not at first. Once again I should have known not to be over confident. It took about a month but the games began. The games had to begin on the night Andrew’s parent came to stay. I was mortified. He jumped up for two hours. We tried everything! But eventually Ben was exhausted and fell asleep. It was ugly and ended in tears…. my tears. Thank goodness this game was short lived and passed quickly. Toddlers….. you have to love the unexpected!