A new chapter of my life began this year with Ben starting Pre-Prep. Ben is so enjoying Pre-Prep, he is settled and he is so happy. So for the first time in three and a half years I have time on my hands. And I really can’t believe I’m a little lost with what to do with it. Do I go back to work, do I start my own little business, what to do…….? Don’t get me wrong I am not complaining. I feel so blessed to have choices. So I have been thinking how lucky I am and made a little list of what I am grateful for. So here it is in no particular order (it’s a bit random really):
1. I am grateful for my wonderful family – my wonderful husband who just wishes me to be happy and my beautiful son who makes everyday an adventure. My Mum and Claire for putting up with all my whining!! But not only my everyday family but all my family. We are all very different but all so blessed to have each other.
2. I am grateful for Ben’s Bunny. The smelly (its a job to get it in the washing machine) little bunny that he loves to bits. It calms him, comforts him and makes him happy. Although he doesn’t need it as much as he once did. I still love it!
3. I am grateful to have choices. How fantastic is it to be able to choose my next adventure. Do I stay with the safe and return to the classroom or do I enter the unknown and sew my way into business. Decisions……
4. I am grateful for our beautiful dog Bonnie. It is so lovely to come home to wonderful greeting every time. She is my teddy bear.
5. I am grateful for my Camera – Nikon D80. After years of taking photos, studying photography and working in the industry ….. I lost my passion for it. My wonderful husband bought this camera for me when our son was born. I am sure he hoped I would fall in love with photography again. It didn’t happen then… but it is happening now. I forgot that amazing feeling – looking through the lens and capturing something special.
6. I am grateful for this blog…. I love documenting the little things in our life that make it special to us.
7. I am grateful for Honda, Penny-Penny, Woof and Buzz (our lovely ladies…hens). For very little effort they supply us with wonderful eggs everyday. They also all have their own personalities and it has been a joy to get to know them.
8. I am grateful for old stuff – I love old wooden furniture…. farm style mostly. Wooden crates, old chairs, old cupboards…….oh so lovely. Old glass jars, kitchen bits and pieces, crocheted doilies, braided rugs….I could go on forever. I feel my heart skip a beat in antique shops – love, love, love it!
9. I am grateful for Star Wars believe it or not. I grew up with Star Wars. My brother and I shared many moments together playing Star Wars. I didn’t realize that ‘Star Wars’ would cross my path again but this time with my son. I know that at times I curse all that is Star Wars and wish Ben would just have a conversation that didn’t involve Anakin, Obi Wan , Luke, Yoda……. But it is a joy to watch Ben’s imagination grow and develop. And my inner nerd secretly loves Star Wars too!
10. I am grateful for flowers. Aren’t they lovely. Flowers can make me smile anytime anyplace. I love them – any kind – love them!! They make a house a home.
Oh that is TEN already….. just have to add I am grateful for Ben’s teachers, my vegetable patch, Cam being out of hospital and of course my blessed life and all the wonderful people that are part of that. Ohhhh are you feeling the love xoxo
Linking up with Paisley Jade – Things I am Loving xo and Life Made Lovely – Life Made Lovely Monday
5 thoughts on “10 Reasons to be Grateful….”
Your photos are stunning – and such precious things captured and listed!!! I have similar decisions to make next year when our youngest starts school… and it is nice to have the freedom to think of new things on the horizon!
Love your list of ‘Loving’ and that you are feeling inspired by photography again! A very cute and visually pleasing blog 🙂
I love your pics – they are “my style”. Great post to link up with my new Friday Blue Plate Special. Your Newest follower!
What a beautiful post! Having choices is wonderful, starting your own business sounds like a great idea. Really love all your pictures 🙂
i love all of your pictures and what a great list! an di am a little jealous of the hens, i really want my own! : )