This recipe comes from Jamie Oliver’s Ministry of Food cook-book. This is a great side dish for a BBQ or simply tasty vegetables for dinner. It can be prepared early and popped in the oven for cooking at anytime. It’s so easy!! But more importantly sooooo YUM!
1 ¾ lbs/700 grams carrots
1 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 clove garlic
1 orange, zest and juice
1 tsp marmalade
1 rasher of bacon
2 pats/ 2 teaspoonsbutter
Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400F or 200C.
- Peel carrots.
- Leave them whole if small, chopping any larger ones up.
- Get yourself a sheet of aluminum foil about 2 feet/60cm long, fold it in half to make a crease, and then open it out again.
- Pile your carrots in the middle of the aluminum foil on one side of the crease.
- Pick the leaves off the rosemary and finely chop.
- Peel and finely slice garlic.
- Scatter the rosemary and garlic over the carrots.
- Grate over the zest from half of the orange, and add the marmalade,chopped bacon, butter and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Fold the other half of the aluminum foil over the carrots and scrunch and seal the two sides of the aluminum foil bag together, leaving one end open.
- Halve the orange and squeeze all the juice into the bag
- Seal up the final side.
- Place your aluminum foil bag on a baking tray in the preheated oven for around 50 minutes.
- To serve, carefully pour the carrots and all their juices into a nice big serving dish.
Linking up with Heather – Recipe Swap