I was out shopping with a girlfriend last week when I bought this little gem from my favorite kitchen shop – Gemutlich. It is just something little but it makes me smile.
I love homemade xo
I used Di’s fabulous gingerbread recipe to try it out.
125g butter – 1/2 cup brown sugar – 1/2 cup golden syrup – 1 egg yolk – 2 1/2 cups of plain flour – 1 tablespoon of ground ginger (I use one teaspoon) – 1 teaspoon of bi carb soda
1. Cream butter and sugar
2. Add golden syrup and egg yolk and beat
3. Stir in dry ingredients
4. Refrigerate for one hour (this is important – the dough must be cold to keep the shape of the stamp)
5. Roll dough into golf size balls. Press on dough and then stamp. If dough sticks to stamp spray lightly with oil. Refrigerate dough on trays in fridge if dough has warmed.
6. Cook on 190 degrees for 8 minutes or until brown
7. Decorate with icing or just eat……. either way Delicious!!
They were a big hit in our house……… they didn’t even last 24 hours!!
Linking up with Life Made Lovely Monday and Things I am Loving xo